Historic Performing Arts Center in Buffalo Is Getting Sued
Shea's Performing Arts Center is getting sued.
It is certainly the story of two sides. The Board of Trustees former President was fired and now is suing. The Board says it is just a money grab.
Here is what happened.
- Michael Murphy was the President of the Shea's Board of Trustees.
- He has been with Shea's for 6 years.
- A few months ago it was announced that Murphy would be handling some new roles.
- He was getting off day-to-day operations.
- Now, he was removed from the Board altogether.
- Murphy is now suing.
- Shea's Performing Arts Center will not say why.
Is it just a money grab? Or what was the real reason that Murphy was let go?
Shea's board of trustees released a statement Thursday, saying the lawsuit is without merit and "a desperate effort meant to intimidate Shea's into an undeserved financial settlement", according to WGRZ.
The Board has a big meeting tomorrow, Saturday, October 29. They will introduce the newest members of the board during this national meeting.
There is a great lineup of shows coming to Shea's Performing Arts Center. Here are some of the hottest shows that people are looking forward to:
- Novermber 8 - 13 - Tina: The Tina Turner Musical
- November 22 - 27: Disney's Aladdin
- December 21: Baby Shark LIVE!
- December 26 - 31: Elf The Musical!
- January 6 - 8, 2023: Paw Patrol Live! The Great Pirate Adventure
- March 21 - 26: Beetlejuice
- January 24: Dancing With The Stars
These are just some of the most popular shows that are coming to Western New York. You can see the full list of performances on the Shea's Performing Arts website.