9 Blockbuster Movies Filmed In Western New York
This week we saw a helicopter flying around Western New York filming for a new Mark Walburg movie.
Western New York has quickly become a favorite for Hollywood and it seems more and more movies are shooting or using parts of Western New York for their films.
Check out 9 blockbuster movies that were filmed here in Western New York based on how much they grossed at the box office according to IMDB.
9. Best Friends - Release in 1982, this Rom-Com starred Burt Reynolds and Goldie Hawn. It grossed $38 million dollars at the box office.
8. Going In Style - This 2017 movie featured Michale Cain, Morgan Freeman and was directed by Scrubs star Zach Braff. It grossed $45 million dollars.
7. The Natural - This classic 1984 sports movie starred Robert Redford and ended up grossing $47.95 million dollars at the box office.
6. House Sitter - Steve Martin and Goldie Hawn started in this 1992 comedy. It grossed $58.5 million dollars.
5. The First Purge - The prequel to the Purge movies, The First Purge grossed $69.49 million dollars.
4. The Best Man Holiday - Taye Diggs and Morris Chestnut starred in this 2013 movie. It grossed $70.53 million dollars.
3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows - As part of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series, this movie grossed $82.05 million dollars at the box office.
2. A Quiet Place Part II - Released in 2020, this is the newest movie on the list. A sequel to A Quiet Place, Part II grossed $160 million dollars.
1. Bruce Almighty - Jim Carey played the role of news reported in Buffalo before becoming God and it turned a blockbuster performance as the movie grossed $242.83 million dollars.